- Skill Enhancement Workshops
- 2019 August - LJ Lee - Sydney NSW Australia - Foot-Ankle Drivers & Their Connections - Skill Enhancement Workshop
Foot-Ankle Drivers & Their Connections
Skill Enhancement Workshops
ConnectTherapy™ & the Thoracic Ring Approach™
Skill Enhancement Workshops are one-day courses specially designed to provide support for skill improvement in specific regions of the body in small group settings. This setting allows for lots of individual feedback on skills and clinical reasoning to advance your clinical practice.
The unique course structure is designed to take each participant to their next level in the material. Thus, you can take workshops at any point along your LJLI course pathway. Workshops are open to all Graduates of the 3-part ConnectTherapy Series or ISM Series. Current participants in the ConnectTherapy Series are welcome to attend any workshop once the region has been covered in their Series curriculum.
These workshops are also helpful for Graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series Part 4 and can help participants prepare for application to the LJLI Certification program.
Workshops are designed to provide specific feedback on your assessment and treatment skills for a specific type of Driver in the ISM, ConnectTherapy and Thoracic Ring Approach frameworks. For each workshop, the aims include to:
- enhance your skills in determining if the region shows non-optimal load transfer (NOLT) in different tasks
- improve your analysis skills and ability to correlate symptoms and overload problems with the overall relationship of the body to gravity and how that relates to patterns of foot-ankle NOLT
- enhance your Foot-Ankle correction skills so you can more efficiently and confidently rule-in and rule-out the foot region as a Driver during Meaningful Task Analysis (MTA)
- enhance your visual observation skills to determine an optimal foot “pyramid”
- enhance your abilities to maintain a correction with 1-hand as you identify the impact of your correction on other regions of the body, and apply foot skills into the DDC
- develop more efficient clinical reasoning skills
- practice release techniques for common vectors related to the foot complex being a Driver
- discuss the key treatment and exercise priorities for successful progression through Phase 1 and into late Phase 2
- get updates on new information in the ConnectTherapy model related to Foot-Ankle Drivers
This workshop day will focus on Foot-Ankle Drivers and the connections of these regions to whole body function & performance, and will be led by Certified Practitioner, Emily Eglitis. Some of the specific topics to be covered related to these regions include:
- clinical reasoning for when the Foot-Ankle are Secondary Drivers or Co-Drivers to other regions
- relationship of Thoracic Rings to Foot-Ankle – determine the impact of the thorax on the Foot-Ankle
- when to use more passive, supported types of vector analysis & release vs. when to move into dynamic release for more efficient progression of exercise programs
At each workshop, participants will be asked for a list of specific skills they want to practice related to assessment and treatment of the regional Driver topic for the day.
Class size is limited to eighteen (18) participants.
The course is designed for graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series, current Series participants who have completed the relevant course content, those wanting more feedback on skills prior to application to Certification after Part 4 of the ConnectTherapy Series, and is also helpful for those considering enrolling in Part 4. Participants must have completed one of:
- The Discover Physio Series
- The Series with Dr. LJ Lee
- The Series in The Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee
- The ConnectTherapy Series
- Part 2 of the ConnectTherapy Series
If you would like to request a topic for future Skill Enhancement Workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org to send your request as future workshops will be designed on participant feedback.
- Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Date(s): Monday, August 5, 2019
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: $467.50 AUD (incl. 10% GST)