- Skill Enhancement Workshops
- 2018 Nov - LJ Lee - North Vancouver BC Canada - Neck Drivers & Their Connections - Skill Enhancement Workshop
Neck Drivers & Their Connections
Skill Enhancement Workshops
ConnectTherapy™ & the Thoracic Ring Approach™
Skill Enhancement Workshops are one-day courses specially designed to provide support for skill improvement in specific regions of the body in small group settings. The course is designed for graduates of The ConnectTherapy™ Series Part 4 and can help participants prepare for application to the LJLI Certification program.
These workshops are also helpful for Graduates of the 3-part ConnectTherapy Series or ISM Series who are considering enrolling in Part 4 of The Series.
Workshops are designed to provide specific feedback on your assessment and treatment skills for a specific type of driver in the ISM, ConnectTherapy and Thoracic Ring Approach frameworks. For each workshop, the aims include to:
- enhance your skills in determining if the region shows non-optimal load transfer (NOLT) in different tasks,
- enhance your corrections skills of the region so you can more efficiently and confidently rule-in and rule-out that region as a driver during Meaningful Task Analysis (MTA),
- enhance your abilities to maintain a neck correction with 1-hand as you identify the impact of your correction on other regions of the body, and identify specific thoracic rings that have gotten worse or better,
- practice release techniques for common vectors related to the region being a driver
- discuss the key treatment priorities for successful progression through Phase 1 and into Phase 2 exercise progressions
- discuss common connections and influences to be aware of in treatment related to the driver theme for the day
This workshop day will focus on Neck Drivers (Craniovertebral & Mid-Cervical Spine) and the connections of this region to whole body function & performance and will be led by ConnectTherapy™ Certified Practitioner, Certified Mentor and Certified Assistant, Lindsay Geddes. This will include evaluating the connections between neck drivers and the cranium, jaw, and upper thoracic rings.
For each workshop, participants will be able to provide a list of their current challenges related to assessment and treatment of the regional driver topic for the workshop.
Class size is limited to eighteen (18) participants.
The course is designed for graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series, those wanting more feedback on skills prior to application to Certification after Part 4 of the ConnectTherapy Series, and is also helpful for those considering enrolling in Part 4. Participants must have completed one of:
- The Discover Physio Series
- The Series with Dr. LJ Lee
- The Series in The Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee
- The ConnectTherapy Series
- Part 2 of the ConnectTherapy Series
If you would like to request a topic for future Skill Enhancement Workshops please email email@example.com to send your request as future workshops will be designed on participant feedback.
- Location: North Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Date(s): Saturday, Nov 3, 2018
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: $295 CAD + 5% GST