- Skill Enhancement Workshops
- 2018 March - LJ Lee - North Vancouver BC Canada - Hip/Lumbar Spine Drivers & Their Connections - Skill Enhancement Workshop
Hip/Lumbar Spine Drivers & Their Connections
Skill Enhancement Workshops
ConnectTherapy™ & the Thoracic Ring Approach™
Skill Enhancement Workshops are one-day courses specially designed to provide support for skill improvement in specific regions of the body in small group settings. This setting allows for lots of individual feedback on skills and clinical reasoning to advance your clinical practice.
The unique course structure is designed to take each participant to their next level in the material. Thus, you can take workshops at any point along your LJLI course pathway. Workshops are open to all Graduates of the 3-part ConnectTherapy Series or ISM Series. Current participants in the ConnectTherapy Series are welcome to attend any workshop once the region has been covered in their Series curriculum.
These workshops are also helpful for Graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series Part 4 and can help participants prepare for application to the LJLI Certification program.
Workshops are designed to provide specific feedback on your assessment and treatment skills for a specific type of Driver in the ISM, ConnectTherapy and Thoracic Ring Approach frameworks. For each workshop, the aims include to:
- enhance your skills in determining if the region shows non-optimal load transfer (NOLT) in different tasks,
- enhance your corrections skills of the region so you can more efficiently and confidently rule-in and rule-out that region as a Driver during Meaningful Task Analysis (MTA),
- enhance your abilities to change from a 2-handed to 1-handed correction and identify the impact of your correction on other regions in the body
- application of your skills into the ConnectTherapy Drivers Diagnostic Chart™ to understand relationships between regions in the body
- practice release techniques for common vectors related to the region being a Driver, including Dynamic release techniques from ConnectTherapy
- discuss the key treatment priorities for successful progression through Phase 1 and into Phase 2/3
- discuss common connections and influences to be aware of in treatment related to the Driver theme for the day
This workshop day will focus on Hip Drivers and Lumbar Spine Drivers and the connections of these regions to whole body function & performance, and will be led by Certified Mentor, Lindsay Geddes (LJLCP, LJLCA, LJLCM). Some of the specific topics to be covered related to these regions include:
- assessment skills for the abdominal wall – evaluating synergies between superficial & deep muscles, assessing the linea alba in diastasis rectus abdominis, and clinical reasoning of when & how to train the abdominal wall
- clinical reasoning for when the Lumbar spine and Hip are Secondary Drivers or Co-Drivers to other regions
- relationship of Thoracic Rings to Lumbar Spine & Hip – determine the impact of the thorax on the Lumbar Spine and Hip
- when to use more passive, supported types of vector analysis & release vs. when to move into dynamic release for more efficient progression of exercise programs
At each workshop, participants will be asked for a list of specific skills they want to practice related to assessment and treatment of the regional Driver topic for the day.
Class size is limited to twelve (12) participants.
The course is designed for graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series, current Series participants who have completed the relevant course content, those wanting more feedback on skills prior to application to Certification after Part 4 of the ConnectTherapy Series, and is also helpful for those considering enrolling in Part 4. Participants must have completed one of:
- The Discover Physio Series
- The Series with Dr. LJ Lee
- The Series in The Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee
- The ConnectTherapy Series
- Part 1 of the ConnectTherapy Series
If you would like to request a topic for future Skill Enhancement Workshops please email email@example.com to send your request as future workshops will be designed on participant feedback.
- Location: North Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Date(s): Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: $295 CAD + 5% GST