- Skill Enhancement Workshops
- 2018 December - LJ Lee - Sydney NSW Australia - Glenohumeral Drivers, the Shoulder Girdle & Connections to the Thoracic Rings - Skill Enhancement Workshop
Glenohumeral Drivers, the Shoulder Girdle & Connections to the Thoracic Rings
Skill Enhancement Workshops
ConnectTherapy™ & the Thoracic Ring Approach™
Skill Enhancement Workshops are one-day courses specially designed to provide support for skill improvement in specific regions of the body in small group settings. Workshops are designed for any course participant who has previously taken an LJLI course that covers the region of the workshop. The content and practicals are designed to take each participant to their next step in their journey to implement the ConnectTherapy™ & Thoracic Ring Approach™ models – this means that everyone benefits wherever they are at in the LJLI course pathway. Thus, you are welcome to join this workshop if you have completed Part 2 of the ConnectTherapy Series, if you are graduate of the 3-part ConnectTherapy Series or Part 4, or it you are currently enrolled in ConnectTherapy Practitioner Certification.
Workshops are designed to provide specific feedback on your assessment and treatment skills for a specific type of driver in the ConnectTherapy and Thoracic Ring Approach frameworks. For each workshop, the aims include to:
- enhance your skills in determining if the region shows non-optimal load transfer (NOLT) in different tasks, including training both palpation and training visual skills
- enhance your corrections skills of the region so you can more efficiently and confidently rule-in and rule-out that region as a driver during Meaningful Task Analysis (MTA),
- enhance your abilities to maintain 1-hand corrections of the Glenohumeral (GH) joint and of the Scapula as you identify the impact of your correction on other regions of the body – such as the Thoracic Rings
- application of your corrections skills into the ConnectTherapy Drivers Diagnostic Chart™ & enhance your clinical reasoning efficiency
- practice release techniques for common vectors related to GH Drivers & how to treat the GH when it is a Co-Driver or a Secondary Driver that makes the Primary Driver worse
- discuss the key treatment priorities for successful progression through Phase 1 and into Phase 2 exercise progressions
- discuss common connections and influences to be aware of in treatment related to Glenohumeral Drivers and Scapula Drivers
This workshop day will focus on Glenohumeral Drivers, the Shoulder Girdle and the connections of this region to whole body function & performance and will be led by Certified Practitioner Emily Eglitis.
For each workshop, participants will be able to provide a list of their current challenges related to assessment and treatment of the regional driver topic for the workshop.
Class size is limited to twelve (12) participants.
Participants must have completed one of:
- Part 2 of the ConnectTherapy Series
- The ConnectTherapy Series
- The Discover Physio Series
- The Series with Dr. LJ Lee
- The Series in The Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee
If you would like to request a topic for future Skill Enhancement Workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org to send your request as future workshops will be designed on participant feedback.
- Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Date(s): Sunday, December 2, 2018
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: $450 AUD (incl. 10% GST)