- Skill Enhancement Workshops
- 2017 October - LJ Lee - North Vancouver BC Canada - Foot/Ankle Drivers & Their Connections - Skill Enhancement Workshop
Foot/Ankle Drivers & Their Connections
Skill Enhancement Workshops
ConnectTherapy™ & the Thoracic Ring Approach™
Skill Enhancement Workshops are one-day courses specially designed to provide support for skill improvement in specific regions of the body in small group settings. The course is designed for Graduates of the 3-part ConnectTherapy Series or ISM Series who are considering enrolling in Part 4 of The Series.
These workshops are also helpful for Graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series Part 4 and can help participants prepare for application to the LJLI Certification program.
Workshops are designed to provide specific feedback on your assessment and treatment skills for a specific type of driver in the body. This workshop day will focus on Foot/Ankle Drivers and the connections of this region to whole body function & performance and will be led by ConnectTherapy Certified Practitioner, Nicole Fournier.
The aims of the day are highly practical and include to:
- enhance your skills in determining if the foot/ankle complex shows non-optimal load transfer (NOLT) in different tasks,
- improve your analysis skills and ability to correlate symptoms and overload problems with the overall relationship of the body to gravity and how that relates to patterns of foot/ankle NOLT
- enhance your foot/ankle correction skills so you can more efficiently and confidently rule-in and rule-out the foot/ankle region as a driver during Meaningful Task Analysis (MTA),
- enhance your abilities to maintain a correction with 1-hand as you identify the impact of your correction on other regions of the body, and apply foot/ankle skills into the DDC
- develop more efficient clinical reasoning skills
- practice release techniques for common vectors related to the foot/ankle complex being a driver
- discuss the key treatment and exercise priorities for successful progression through Phase 1 and into late Phase 2
- get updates on new information in the ConnectTherapy model related to Foot/Ankle Drivers.
For each workshop, participants will be able to provide a list of their current challenges related to assessment and treatment of the regional driver topic for the workshop.
Class size is limited to eighteen (18) participants.
The course is designed for graduates of the ConnectTherapy Series, those wanting more feedback on skills prior to application to Certification after Part 4 of the ConnectTherapy Series, and is also helpful for those considering enrolling in Part 4. Participants must have completed one of:
- The Discover Physio Series
- The Series with Dr. LJ Lee
- The Series in The Integrated Systems Model (ISM) with Diane Lee
- The ConnectTherapy Series
If you would like to request a topic for future Skill Enhancement Workshops please email email@example.com to send your request as future workshops will be designed on participant feedback.
- Location: North Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Date(s): Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: $245 CAD + 5% GST